- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 unlimited 8D holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My wish-list for 2008:
(in no particular order)
1) A trip back to Japan. Preferably a week or two. *__*
2) A Tan Lati Yellow Coco or Lami... or Valentine Sugar Miel (mini body~)
3) A subscription to Cook's Illustrated (or related magazine series)
4) A Le Creuset French/Dutch Oven *___*
5) A Good Food Processor
6) An active "street team" to help us promote nemu*nemu
7) A 2009 Honda Fit
8) New MAC make-up - or comparable brands... since I dumped all my old good stuff about a year ago and have been buying mostly grocery store brands... (aside from my concealers and powders. Those I splurge on since I use them. ^_^;)
9) DollHeart Cherry Classic dress set for MSD. (I tried to buy this on ebay, but they told me there was a calculation error and they didn't have anymore in stock. *GRR*)
10) A trip to a good masseuse or chiropractor.
Anyhoo~ I'll be making a call out for holiday cards soon. If interested in one, direct message me here or e-mail me direct at kyubikitsy [at] gmail. Please don't assume I have your address - I know folks move regularly, so I'm just erring on the side of caution here. ^_^;